This course discusses the new roles emerging with introduction of the government BIM Level 2 mandate and addresses changes in workflow and procurement of projects from a management perspective. You will learn about some of the documents associated with PAS1192 along with tools available to assist with planning managing, resourcing and costing BIM projects effectively. The course demonstrates key requirements such as;
- how assess BIM capability of both your internal design teams and external project stakeholders.
- Identify appropriate skill-sets and relevant experience for the intended project.
- Employers Information Requirements (EIR) compliance and Asset Information requirements (AIR)
- Core contents of BIM Execution Plans (BEP)
- Legal requirements and appointments required of the employer
The course refers to industry wide standards such as BS1192:2007, PAS1192, BIM protocols for legal contracts and useful online resources available to assist you with managing planning and resourcing BIM Level 2 projects.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Project managers, Job runners, Team leaders who do not necessarily require a hands-on knowledge of the software but require an understanding of procurement and resourcing of BIM based projects.
No prior knowledge of BIM is required to attend this course.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Access resources to plan and manage BIM projects
- Understand new Roles & terminology used with BIM
- Understand changes in project procurement with BIM
- Resource and manage teams firm-wide and project-wide
- Understand BIM contractual and legal obligations
- Support and manage client expectations with BIM
All training is carried out at your office. Delegates will require laptops or PCs with at least the demo/trial of Autodesk Revit installed as a minmumum requirement. The version of Revit used in the training should be consistent across all delegates computers i.e. Revit 2015 or 2016. If in doubt please ask us.
Training will commence at 10am. A 10 minute comfort break will be shceduled mid morning and mid afternoon. A 1hr lunch break will be scheduled to suit your preferred time. The course will conclude at 5pm. At your request we can change the training times to 9:30 – 4:30 if required.
A conference room or quiet are of the office is required for the training. A projector or screen is required for the training to connect into for teh duration of the training.
Refer to the booking page for booking terms and conditions.