A course for beginners undertaking BIM level 2 (or similar) project clash detection.
The course focuses specifically on the clash detective toolset found within Autodesk Navisworks Manage. The course also focuses on typical requirements of a BIM Level 2 EIR (Employer’s Information Requirements) and educates delegates on the common workflows surrounding the clash avoidance processes, naming conventions and standards.
The course is a series of workshops throughout the day which guide the delegates step by step through the setup, configuration, federation of models and clash results output along with resolution processes.
The course is; Focused, need to know, practical, realistic and includes real world examples of usage.
This course does not cover; Navisworks Rendering, Timeliner or Quantification Tools. For this, check out the ‘Navisworks Manage Essentials’ course.
- Example of a Federated Model
- Overview demonstration of a Navisworks clash report
- Roles, responsibilities and who will be using it
- Introduction to the workspace
- File Types and appending files
- Creating NWC files from within Revit (Snapshot in Time of Model)
- Using the Project Browser
- Methods of Selection
- The Selection Tree
- Selection Resolution
- Selection Sets
- Search Sets
- Transform tools
- Creating NWC Files
- File Naming in Accordance with BS1192 & PAS1192
- Appending Multiple NWC files
- Creating search sets
- Creating Clash Tests
- Exploring the different types of clash test
- Examples of typical proposals set out in a BIM Execution Plan
- Sample sheet illustrating a typical list of required clashes
- Rationalise clashes using search sets
- Creating multiple clash tests
- Grouping clashes
- Commenting on clashes
- Applying a status to a clash
- Report creation methods
- Export options
- Appending NWC files into the model
- Best practice workflows for updating design models in Navisworks
- Rerunning clashes
- Tracking resolved and unresolved items
- Exporting clash settings
- Import clash settings and checking procedures
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone looking to federate BIM models, generate clash reports and manager the workflow of model updates. The course is focused on the requirements of PAS1192 and addresses the requirements of Task Team Interface Managers.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Navigate the Navisworks Interface
- Federate a single BIM model accurately
- Understand versioning and information exchange workflows
- Define clash tests and understand tolerances
- Generate clash reports, assign actions and track progress
- Develop ‘BIM Execution Plan’ protocols relating to clash lists, tolerances and project requirements
All training is carried out at your office. Delegates will require laptops or PCs with at least the demo/trial of Autodesk Revit installed as a minmumum requirement. The version of Revit used in the training should be consistent across all delegates computers i.e. Revit 2015 or 2016. If in doubt please ask us.
Training will commence at 10am. A 10 minute comfort break will be shceduled mid morning and mid afternoon. A 1hr lunch break will be scheduled to suit your preferred time. The course will conclude at 5pm. At your request we can change the training times to 9:30 – 4:30 if required.
A conference room or quiet are of the office is required for the training. A projector or screen is required for the training to connect into for teh duration of the training.
Refer to the booking page for booking terms and conditions.