A course for beginners covering the fundamentals for anyone wanting to learn the wide range of tools and applications available within Navisworks Freedom, Simulate and Manage.
Navisworks is the leading project review software used by AEC professionals. Covering all aspects of the Navisworks Manage product we look at model aggregation and how stakeholders navigate through the integrated model, perform sophisticated renders, construction simulations, clash detection tests and material take-off’s. Each module is a self-contained unit, with notes accompanying the lectures and hands-on exercise scripts to reinforce many lessons and help the delegate through the training course and beyond into working practice.
- What is BIM?
- The benefits of BIM
- Industry drivers
- BIM terminology and principles
- Implications of adopting BIM
- Exploring the User Interface (UI)
- Using the Commands
- Toolbars and Tooltips
- Navigation Bar
- Other Useful Terminology
- Appearance & Performance Options
- Native file types
- Appending files
- Appearance profiler
- Working with files
- Navigating a scene
- Controlling the realism
- Controlling model appearance
- Controlling render quality
- Interactive geometry
- Find and compare objects
- Manipulate and transform objects
- Measure tools
- Redlining, comments and tags
- Links to objects
- Using viewpoints
- Sectioning planes and boxes
- Viewpoint animations
- Interactive animations
- Create & export to video or slideshow
- Animator module overview
- Object animations
- Animation scenes & sets
- Working with Cameras, Sections, Keyframes
- Play animations
- Scripter module overview
- Adding interactivity scripts, events, actions
- Material mapping
- Sun, Exposure and Environment
- Settings and Quality
- Save and Export
- Data Sources
- Workbook and tools
- Groups, Items and Resources
- Variables and formulas
- Material take-off
- Change Analysis
- Import/export Catalogues and Quantities
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Quantity Surveyors looking to analyse BIM data for the purpose of presentation, animation, clash analysis, project sequencing and cost analysis.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of BIM data and methods of aggregating model information
- Federate model information from various sources for the purpose of analysis
- Generate outputs such as clash reports, redline mark-ups and QTO
- Produce visuals, real-time and interactive walkthroughs, animations and sequencing
All training is carried out at your office. Delegates will require laptops or PCs with at least the demo/trial of Autodesk Revit installed as a minmumum requirement. The version of Revit used in the training should be consistent across all delegates computers i.e. Revit 2015 or 2016. If in doubt please ask us.
Training will commence at 10am. A 10 minute comfort break will be shceduled mid morning and mid afternoon. A 1hr lunch break will be scheduled to suit your preferred time. The course will conclude at 5pm. At your request we can change the training times to 9:30 – 4:30 if required.
A conference room or quiet are of the office is required for the training. A projector or screen is required for the training to connect into for teh duration of the training.
Refer to the booking page for booking terms and conditions.