Discover advanced workflows and functionality associated with Revit family creation on this 1 day advanced course.
Delegates should already be proficient with basic Revit family creation with the intention of developing advanced skills. Each lesson focuses on the complex aspects of family creation with tips and tricks for efficient modelling, management and maintenance of Revit families. Delegates will learn how to optimise content for performance and streamline the workflow of converting CAD libraries into Revit. The course also looks at advanced family types such as adaptive components, connectors and advanced formulas to drive nested arrays.
Our Revit Family Creation Essentials course covers the basic principles of content creation and can be combined with this course to create a 2 day intensive training session.
- Reputable industry content standards
- Partial standards compliance methodology
- Progressive content standards compliance
- Definition and purpose
- Advantages and when to use
- Creating type catalogues
- Modifying type catalogues
- Type catalogue interface
- Editing tools
- Understanding shared parameters
- Creating a shared parameter file
- Adding shared parameters to Families
- Adding shared parameters to Projects
- 2D CAD vs 2D Revit
- Pros & Cons of CAD geometry in Revit
- Best Practice conversion step-by-step
- Purpose and uses
- Adding connectors
- Using families with connectors
- Principles of adaptive components
- Template selection & categories
- Understanding nodes
- Workplanes and hosting
- Assigning geometry
- Methods of use
- Practicalities of building templates
- File types and creation methods
- Creating a range of templates
- Deploying a range of templates
- Establishing Company Standards
- Setting up and managing family libraries
- Sorting & organising families
- Upgrading families to new versions
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for delegates looking to gain advanced family modelling skills and experience with the management, maintenance and quality control often associated with BIM coordination.
Delegates attending this course must first attend the Revit Family Creation Essentials course or hold the equivalent skillset.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Optimise performance of BIM objects
- Work with excel and text editors to improve parameter and meta data creation
- Demonstrate workflows for conversion of CAD objects to Revit objects along with the benefits
- Apply complex formulas to parameter driven families
- Build families as working tools to assist with designs
- Develop resources to improve firm-wide family creation quality
- Understand best practice principles for managing and maintaining libraries
All training is carried out at your office. Delegates will require laptops or PCs with at least the demo/trial of Autodesk Revit installed as a minmumum requirement. The version of Revit used in the training should be consistent across all delegates computers i.e. Revit 2015 or 2016. If in doubt please ask us.
Training will commence at 10am. A 10 minute comfort break will be shceduled mid morning and mid afternoon. A 1hr lunch break will be scheduled to suit your preferred time. The course will conclude at 5pm. At your request we can change the training times to 9:30 – 4:30 if required.
A conference room or quiet are of the office is required for the training. A projector or screen is required for the training to connect into for teh duration of the training.
Refer to the booking page for booking terms and conditions.