This course covers everything you need to know about 2D technical detailing for detail design and construction documentation using Autodesk Revit.
The class demonstrates how to take full advantage of your BIM models by using best practice workflows with the drafting and annotation tool set combined. Using hands-on tutorials and workshop you will learn about
- View hierarchy, view organisation and best practice naming
- Display modification techniques to enhance your section and detail call out views.
- Standard detail creation, collection and reuse
- When and when not to use 2D
- Model performance and degridation factors associated with production information
- Smart annotation techniques and pitfalls to avoid
On completion of this course, delegates will be familiar with all the annotation tools and techniques available within the Revit toolset. Delegates will be able to create a full comprehensive set of detailed drawings from the BIM model and 2D details for construction stage information delivery.
- Introduction to Technical detailing features and workflows within Autodesk Revit
- Session overview and case study
- Planning out and Setting up co-ordination plan and section callout views
- Best practice workflow for setting up detail call out views
- Dependent and drafting views
- Creating depth within a view by exploring the graphic display options
- Adjusting line weights
- Hiding elements
- Joining 3D geometry within section views
- Understanding far clip and its effect on views
- Overview of Hybrid details
- Creating a Hybrid section utilising 3D and 2D data
- Using masking and filled regions
- Using break lines to define details
- Re-using detail components within other views
- Understanding and using the cut profile tool
- Overview of converting CAD details to Revit details
- How details once created can be re-used
- Best Use of standard detailed components
- Creating a line based family component
- Creating detailed component families
- Removing unwanted CAD data
- Applying standard annotation
- Using the check spelling and find and replace tools
- Introduction to tags, the different types and their use
- Loading and working with keynotes
- Setting up sheets & views
- Using the sheet grid to align plans, sections and details
- DWF Mark-up and review
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at intermediate level delegates who have completed the Revit Essentials training now looking to establish the key skills to create detailed construction drawings with intelligent annotation tools within their Revit projects.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to
- Understand the workflow for creating technical details
- Be able to plan out and create section and detail views
- Have an understanding of the Graphic display options to enhance views
- Best practice for creating Hybrid details using the annotation tool set
- Understand the process of converting CAD details into Revit details
- Understand the efficiencies of using smart annotation
- Be able to l up sheets and creating DWF markups for review
- Understand how setup sheets and undertake markups using Design Review
All training is carried out at your office. Delegates will require laptops or PCs with at least the demo/trial of Autodesk Revit installed as a minmumum requirement. The version of Revit used in the training should be consistent across all delegates computers i.e. Revit 2015 or 2016. If in doubt please ask us.
Training will commence at 10am. A 10 minute comfort break will be shceduled mid morning and mid afternoon. A 1hr lunch break will be scheduled to suit your preferred time. The course will conclude at 5pm. At your request we can change the training times to 9:30 – 4:30 if required.
A conference room or quiet are of the office is required for the training. A projector or screen is required for the training to connect into for teh duration of the training.
Refer to the booking page for booking terms and conditions.